STOP!

Do NOT read any farther if you have any idea, whatsoever, of getting offended.
This is my space. For me to rant. To praise. To whine. Whatever.
Do NOT send me bitchy emails or messages about what you read here.
You don't have to like it and you don't have to read it either!







Monday, October 4, 2010

Here is something you just can't understand...

...How I could just kill a man! Ok, not really. That is totally a Cypress Hill lyric. Or Rage Against The Machine. Depending on your mood. But sometimes I TOTALLY feel like that! I mean, really? WHY. CAN'T. PEOPLE. JUST. LEAVE. ME. THE. HELL. ALONE? I just want to live my life and be happy at least some of the time. Why do some people feel the need to constantly make themselves better? By putting me down, talking to me like I am unable to comprehend basic sentence structure. By assuming you have any idea of who I am, where I've been, what kind of education I have. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? (channeling my inner Stewie there.) Is it just impossible for you to be happy with yourself? Your life? Your choices? Sure, we've all made some shitty ones. I refer to mine as the Denver Enigma. (He's my EX husband by the by, in case you missed that part!) But as one of my fave songs says...
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I can't help but ask myself how much I let the fear
Take the wheel and steer
It's driven me before
And it seems to have a vague, haunting mass appeal
But lately I'm beginning to find that I
Should be the one behind the wheel

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes yeah

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
I'll be there

So if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine and hold my own and drive?
It's driven me before
And it seems to be the way that everyone else gets around
But lately I'm beginning to find that
When I drive myself my light is found

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes yeah

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
I'll be there

Would you choose water over wine
Hold the wheel and drive

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes yeah

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
I'll be there.

So be there. And leave me the hell alone. Man!
~namaste~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment