STOP!

Do NOT read any farther if you have any idea, whatsoever, of getting offended.
This is my space. For me to rant. To praise. To whine. Whatever.
Do NOT send me bitchy emails or messages about what you read here.
You don't have to like it and you don't have to read it either!







Monday, September 20, 2010

WHY?!?! Why does it ALWAYS happen at 3 am?

What internal mechanism do kids have that causes illnesses to show themselves at THREE.IN.THE.MORNING? EVERY.DAMN.TIME?!?!?! I mean, seriously? I know that I, for one, do not love getting woken up by the littlest mouth breather (or the older one, or the one I married) snorting and hacking in my face in the wee hours of the morning. I really don't think that I know anyone who does. Naturally the husband sleeps through ALL of it. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. (OK...quick lesson...for those of you that don't understand...when I type in caps with a period after each word...it's my really mad, growley voice. K?) So I call both schools and tell them that my kids have the plague and will not be in today. Now I am not one of those moms that runs her kids to the doc with every sniffle. I'd never leave the friggin' place if I was. I mean, we live in JERSEY. Which apparently has one of the HIGHEST incidences of allergy related illnesses in the WHOLE country. AWESOME! One more reason for me to love it here! But today I did take them cause Jersey also has this rule that says all absences are unexcused without a note from a doctor or official (ya know in case of a funeral or something). DAMN.IT. Even f the nurse calls you to come get your little snot dribbler from school...unexcused. Which will go on their PERMANENT RECORD. Awesome. So I take them and the doc says, "They just have colds. They can go to school today. Nurse write them a note saying they are to go to school today." Now, my kids allergies/reactive airway disease/ASTHMA has gone completely f'ing haywire this year. So I know that "just have colds" almost always (at least since the move to Jersey) turn into something really green and nasty. So I take the bigger one in cause well, he has had it since Friday and he is well enough to play in his room he can go to school. Naturally he hates me right now. The little one is home. CAUSE HE HAS A FRIGGIN' FEVER! DUH! If the school nurse calls me to come get the older one...I am going to go smack the doctor.
~namaste~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment